- In My Community
- 1 - Be Prepared Kit
- 5 - Street-proofing
- Colour in our activity books & finish the frog hat craft trader craft
Discussion [In My Community Keeper-5]
- Street Proofing
- Invite someone from the RCMP to come talk about safety
- Act out what to do if
- A stranger approaches you on the street - Reinforce that strangers come in all shapes and sizes - including people who act friendly.
- Someone knocks on the door and you are home alone
- Someone you don’t know tries to get you to get into a car with them - Explain that adults rarely ask a child for help or directions. Teach them never to approach a stranger's car and to move away from a car that pulls up beside them. If they think they are being followed, they should run to the nearest public place and yell for help.
Craft [In My Community - 1]
- Be Prepared pouch craft
- Fun foam pouches, laced together with plastic lacing (gimp): inside put wipes, Bandaids, Contact Info
- Opening Song - Fire’s Burning
- Yogi Bear