- Being a Spark
- 1 -The Spark Promise
- 2 - Spark Meeting Opening and Closing Songs
- 3 - Friends
- 5 - Additional Activity - getting to know you game
- 6 - Additional Activity - uniform craft
Colour in our activity books.
- Write your name on strips of construction paper – enough for each girl so there is one for every girl in the group. Strips to be 4 cm x 23 cm.
Opening song – “Song: Sparks Jump Up” [Being a Spark - 2]
- teach the actions for this. Start by crouching down on the floor, and jump up with arms in the air every time we sing "Sparks jump up"
Story – Crystal's New Friend, from the Go Sparks Go! Activity book.[Being a Spark - 3]
- Why was Crystal sad?
- What did she see in her backyard?
- How did she meet Molly?
- Where does Molly want to take Crystal?
- Why is Crystal happy at the end of the story?
Learn the Spark Promise and sign [Being a Spark - 1]
- "I promise to share and be a friend!"
- Spark sign (two fingers). Explain that one finger is for sharing and the other finger is for being a friend.
- each girl introduces herself and shares something about herself
- hand out name strips (from gathering activity) and staple them together to make a friendship chain (see Crayola website)
Game [Being a Spark - 5]
Craft [Being a Spark - 6]
- Learn "Song: Fire's Burning"
Closing song [Being a Spark - 2]