As we are Sparks, we NEVER sell cookies without an adult. This needs to be taken into account when reviewing this information with the girls.
BE A SMART COOKIE AND PLAY IT SAFE
- Never sell alone. Bringing a parent along is best. Always use the buddy system.
- When you leave home to sell, always tell an adult where you're going and when you expect to be back.
- When selling door-to-door, never enter anyone's house or apartment.
- Don't criss-cross the road! Sell on one side of the street, cross where it is safe and then sell on the other.
- Look both ways when crossing the street.
- Never sell to people in cars. If someone wants you to come close to their car, say "NO", run home or to a Block Parent house.
- Never carry large amounts of money. Return home frequently to deposit money collected.
- Carry money in cookie dough envelopes, not in your pockets.
- Only give your first name and never your address or phone number when selling.
- Sell only in neighbourhoods and areas familiar to you.
- If selling in malls, don't wander off! Let the customers come to you.
- Make sure you know the name and phone number of someone to call in case of an emergency.
- If you must sell when it is dark, wear bright colours and carry a flashlight. If you can, sell door-to-door during daylight hours only.