Gathering Activity (in their circles)
- attendance and dues
- a few pages from the Holly Heron activity book
- Circle Songs
- Brownie Song
- Where do we get our water and how can we all keep it clean and safe?
- Ground Water Pollution Experiment
- Supplies: water, celery stalks with leaves, food coloring
- When you do this experiment, place the emphasis on the concept of groundwater and the effects of pollution. Pretend the food coloring is pollution – add to water. Watch it swirl and take over the water. Put the celery in the glass. Pretend that it is a little plant, a tree or even a person who drinks water from the ground. After a few hours, check the celery. Cut it and you will be able to see how the "polluted" water has moved up the stalk. What we do to our water we do to ourselves.
- Craft: Drinking Water Counter
- Water colour painting
- Sing Now Run Along Home – song tune at http://www.dltk-bible.com/now_run_along_home.htm
- Sing the Brownie Closing Song