Gathering Activity (in their circles)
- attendance and dues
- Winter activity sheet
- Circle Songs
- Brownie Song
- We read a storybook that was borrowed from the local library. The book we borrowed was The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice. This book explains how different cultures have observed/celebrated the winter solstice throughout history.
- God's eye using yarn colours that represent the sun (yellows, oranges, reds). These colours represent waking up the sun god and the festival of lights. (see online links for ideas - http://crafts.kaboose.com/gods-eyes.html )
- Paper bag lanterns/lumiaries (see online links for ideas - http://blog.makezine.com/craft/paper_bag_luminaries/ )
- We used LED tea lights and turned off the lights in our meeting place after making these to see how they turned out.
- Sing Now Run Along Home – song tune at http://www.dltk-bible.com/now_run_along_home.htm
- Sing the Brownie Closing Song