This meeting plan was shared with me by another Guider.
6:00 - 6:05 pm
- Circle songs (attendance/dues)
- Brownie opening song
- Recite Brownie Promise
- Take picture of girls in masks.
- Read ‘The Brownie Story’ pg. 8 - 16
6:15 – 7:25 pm
- 1. Act it Out
- How do you make a skit, play, rap or puppet show with the Brownie story?
- A. Learn the words for your show.
- B. Assign parts. Collect props. Make scenery and costumes.
- C. Rehearse
- D. Perform it for an audience.
- At this level, the girls will perform simple skits with simple themes. You can help them organize by following these basic steps. It’s easier if you base your skits on a book or story. Give them basic guidelines and set a time limit.
- Skits Based on a Book
- Write out all the themes.
- Choose how many people you need in the story.
- Have the girls make up the dialogue.
- Use dialogue from the book or make up similar dialogue.
- Act out a couple of scenes from the book.
- Give the girls scenes to act out.
7:25 – 7:30 pm
- Brownie closing song
- Toad stool
- Cell phone
- Dues bag
- Brownie binder
- Badge bag
- Attendance clipboard
- Hand sanitizer
- Chair signs & pins
- Meeting plan
- Glue sticks
- Construction paper (small and large)
- Popsicle sticks
- Owl mask
- Plastic table covers
- Paper pads
- Puppet theatre
- ‘The Brownie Story’ x 2 copies