This meeting plan was shared with me by another Guider.
6:00 – 7:00 pm
- 4. Celebrate Earth Day on April 22nd
- C. Help clean up your neighbourhood, school or local park.
- litter pick-up
- plant seedlings
- 1. Wondrous Walks
- What kind of plants and animals do you see when you take a walk in the country?
- A. Take a walk. Plan your route. Tell about what you see, hear, smell, and feel.
- B. Look for animal homes, such as bird nests or rabbit holes. Is it easier to see animal homes in winter or summer? Why?
7:00 – 7:20 pm
- Find five natural objects of different colours and tell your unit about them.
- *Five Minute Field Trip – Eco Pack Challenge
- Give each girl a ‘Nature Scavenger Hunt’ sheet/pencil. Give them 5 minutes to complete and then discuss what they discovered and who found the most things.
7:20 – 7:30 pm
- *Sound Maps – Eco Pak Challenge
- Have each girl find a place to stand outdoors. Ask the girls to close their eyes and listen carefully to their surroundings. After 1 minute, ask the girls to share what they heard and discovered. Girls can get a different perspective of the diversity in their surrounding habitat. Sounds heard in the city will be much different than those heard in the forest.
- *Extra Time: Soccer
- Cell phone
- Dues bag
- Attendance clipboard
- Meeting plan
- Dues record
- First aid kit
- H1 forms
- Wet Ones
- Nature Scavenger Hunt sheets
- Watering can
- Soccer ball & cones