This meeting plan was shared with me by another Guider.
- Parts of plants/The farmer plants the seeds song (*see song sheet)
6:00 - 6:05 pm
- Circle songs (attendance/dues)
- Brownie opening song
- Brownie Promise
6:05 – 6:20 pm
- Flower plant pokes (* note: I was not given a sample or instructions, so here is an idea online)
6:20 – 6:35 pm
- How do plants grow indoors and outdoors and what kind of plants do you see around you?
- Read “The Magic School Bus: Plant Seeds – A book about how living things grow”
6:35 – 6:45 pm
- C. Draw a picture of how a seed sprouts into a plant. *see seed worksheet
6:45 – 7:05 pm
- B. Grow a plant by putting the bottom of a potato, carrot or other root vegetable in water. When the root is big enough, plant it in soil.
- A. Using egg cartons or peat pots, plant six different kinds of seeds. Mark them. Watch them grow. Which grow more quickly?
- Write out names of 6 seeds on popsicle sticks. Fill starter pots with soil, place markers in each pot, plant seeds. Place flower plant poke in pot.
7:05 – 7:25 pm
7:25 – 7:30 pm
- Brownie closing song
- Toad stool
- Cell phone
- Dues bag
- Brownie binder
- Badge bag
- Attendance clipboard
- Chair signs & pins
- Meeting plan
- Dues record
- First aid kit
- Parts of the plants/The farmer plants the seeds song sheet
- Flower plant poke craft kits
- Magic school bus book: Plant seeds
- Seed sprouting worksheet
- Carrot/potato root in water
- Starter pots/soil/seeds/popsicle stick kits
- Black sharpie felts
- Insect relay game picture cards
- Plastic table covers