Gathering Activity (in their circles)
- Attendance and dues
- Activity sheet downloaded from the internet. (originally found on the Highlights for Kids website)
- Circle Songs
- Brownie Song
- Colours - talk about primary colours, secondary colours, complimentary colours, cool & warm colours, black & white, grayscale, the spectrum, shading and tinting.
- One of our Guiders is an artist. She brought in several different types of art (her creations) to share with the girls: portraits, still life, oil painting, sketching, screen printing, mosaic, collage, etc.
- The girls were encouraged to ask our Guider questions about her artwork.
- Each girl was given a notebook and a pencil, and we went outside to create rubbings of the different textures we could find around our meeting place.
- We brought our notebooks back inside, then used pencil crayons to turn the rubbings into creative pictures.
Girls Choice Games
- We had time for some other games during the meeting. The girls chose to play "Game: Caimarusa" and "Game: Norwegian Number Game (Old Maid)"
- Sing Now Run Along Home – song tune at http://www.dltk-bible.com/now_run_along_home.htm
- Sing the Brownie Closing Song