This meeting plan was shared with me by another Guider.
Pre-meeting activity: have girls write down on newsprint what they would like to do in Brownies this year
- Circle songs (attendance/dues)
- Brownie opening song
- Brownie Promise
6:05 – 6:15 pm
- 3. Around the House
- What tasks need to be do ne at your home every day I week, and season?
- A. Take responsibility for a household chore. Do the chore.
- B. Help a friend or neighbour with a chore.
- C. Keep your room tidy. Find places to store toys, games bookst clothes, and other articles.
- 4. Turn It On Safely
- How do you use the appliances in your home safely?
- A. Name all the appliances in your home. Which ones can you use by yourself?
- B. Check each appliances for safety features with an adult.
- C. With adult supervision, use three household appliances, such as a vacuum cleaner, stove, microwave, or blender.
- give handout to girls to complete and return next week
- 1. Staying Safe
- How can you stay safe indoors or outdoors?
- D. Learn about "stop, drop and roll," if your clothes catch on fire.
- Read "Stop, Drop and Roll" book. (external link) - note: this book is available at our local library, so check to see if you can get it at your library
- Sing 'Song: Get Out!' song. (hand out song sheet)
6:25 – 6:35 pm
- B. Learn how to call for help in an emergency.
- C. Learn the emergency telephone numbers for your community.
- Complete 'Emergency Phone Numbers' Sheet.
- A. Make a safety booklet about staying safe while playing inside or outside.
- Complete 'Safety with Radar' booklet. (external link)
7:05 – 7:15 pm
7:15 - 7:25 pm
- 'Listen to This' interest badge
- Discuss what being a good audience means. How should a good audience behave?
- Do a skit, in which some people are performers and others are the audience. Act out both good and bad audience skills.
- Attend a local play or recital and display good audience manners.
- give the girls the Listen to This handout to complete and return
7:25 – 7:30 pm
- Brownie closing song
Closing reminders - complete and return Key to I Can #4 and 5 home project, meeting is at 5:30 pm next week for pizza party!
Supplies needed for meeting
- Toad stool
- Dues bag
- Brownie binder
- Badge bag
- Attendance clipboard
- Chair signs &pins
- Meeting plan
- Take home project Key to I Can #3 &4 sheets
- 'Stop, Drop and Roll' book
- 'Get Out' song sheets
- Emergency numbers sheets
- 'Safety with Radar' booklets
- 'Listen to This' interest badge sheets