This meeting plan was shared with me by another Guider.
- Circle songs (attendance/dues)
- Fairies – “We’re the Fairies shining bright, Trying hard to do what’s right”
- Elves – “This is what we do as Elves, Think of others, not ourselves”
- Sprites – “Sprightly Sprites we’re on our way, Play and laugh and help today”
- Brownie opening song
- “We’re the Brownies, here’s our aim. Lend a Hand and play the game”
- Recite Brownie PromiseThe Brownie Sign and Handshake
6:05 – 6:30 pm
- Craft: Owl masks (external link)
6:30 – 6:45 pm
- Owl word search (external link)
6:45 – 6:55 pm
6:55 – 7:00 pm
- Organize girls for enrolment ceremony
7:00 – 7:20 pm
- Enrolment ceremony
- First year girls are in the forest.
- Second year girls line up across the front.
- (some second year girls) read the Legend of the Toadstool from the Brownie program book.
- Second year girls read the Brownie Light (below) in parts.
We are the _______ Brownies.
We have made our Brownie Promise.
Part of that Promise is to do our best.
And to be true to ourselves.
Each of us brings something special to the group.
We bring our unique talents that shine.
Our special talents are like lights.
They glow inside of us.
Our special talents are like candles that brighten the world around us.
We will share our special light by letting our special talents shine in the group.
- Second year girls bring the first year brownies from the forest along the path and say "This is _______ and she wants to be a Brownie"
- Girl says promise.
- Girl stands over a mirror.
- The leader turns the girl around several times as she says:
- The girl fills in the word "myself':
- Pin enrolment pin on/give certificate and badges and the new Brownie sits on the floor in front.
- Repeat until all girls enrolled.
- Call second year girls to front.
Welcome to all of our parents. For those of you who don't know me -my name is _______ and I am Brown Owl for the _______ Brownies. The girls are really excited and the enrolment ceremony should take about 15 minutes and then we will have some snacks and refreshments afterwards.
The history of The Brownie Story' has evolved over the years. Today we tell a story of two little girls who play from morning 'til night. Their grandmother tells them a story about the brownies, magical little people who come and do chores when no one is looking. The girls go off into the woods in search of the brownies, magical little people who come and do chores when no one is looking. The girls go off into the woods in search of the brownies to do their chores. They meet the wise Old Owl and ask him where to find the helpful brownies. The owl takes them to the pond to look for the brownies. We need more Brownies. Second year girls - can you take this Brownie light and go into the forest to look for others
Hi _______. Do you know your Brownie Promise?
Twist me and turn me and show me an elf·
I look in the water and there see _______
That brings our ceremony to a close. The girls would like to do the grand howl as a thank you to all of you for coming. Please help yourself to snacks and refreshments at the back table afterwards.
7:20 – 7:29 pm
7:29 – 7:30 pm
- Brownie closing song