Girls can pin this craft to their shirt or hat at camp and keep track of how much water they drink during the day.
- flat shoelace - cut in half
- 8 colourful pony beads (1 per cup of water to drink)
- safety pin
- Tie a knot in the cut end of the shoelace to prevent the bead from going past the end.
- String the beads onto the shoelace.
- Tie a knot at the other end of the shoelace.
- Attach the safety pin.
To track the amount of water you drink - start by putting all beads to the top or bottom knot (decide as a group where you will start from so everyone is the same). With each cup of water drank, pull one bead to the other knot. The beads will not slip on the flat shoelace.