Note: we prepared these for the girls prior to the meeting.
- 3 pieces of 12"x12" cardstock
- paper trimmer
- something to score with (paper trimmer with scoring blade)
- glue stick
- 2 pieces of 6 1/4" x 6 1/4" cardboard (i.e. cereal boxes)
- 2 pieces of 8 1/2" x 11" paper
Instructions:1. Cut your carstock into two 6" x 12" sheets. Do this for all three pieces of cardstock so you end up with six 6" x 12" strips.
2. Score your cardstock halfway along the 12" length. Do this for all 6 strips.
3. Apply glue stick glue over one half of the scored cardstock (between the score line and the edge). Make sure to cover the entire half of the cardstock with glue, or you could end up with some wrinkly spots on the paper after drying. Overlap one half of one sheet over a half of another sheet. Overlapping the entire square makes the book look neater in the end, and makes it sturdier.
4. Repeat gluing the strips together until all 6 strips are connected.
5. Now, fold at the fold lines, back and forth in an accordion fashion.
6. Trim the 8 1/2" x 11" sheets down to 8 1/2" x 8 1/2". Wrap the square 6 1/4" x 6 1/4" cereal box pieces with the paper, like a present. Make sure to FULLY cover one side of the cardboard with glue so the paper doesn't end up wrinkly afterwards.
7. Apply one cover to the front of the book, and one cover to the back of the book.
Here is a finished scrapbook: