We did this craft as a way to learn about appliances. The appliance we were using was the hot glue gun. For most girls, this was their first time using a hot glue gun. By the end of the craft, they were confident with this tool.
- small flowerpot or bucket (we found tiny buckets at the dollar store)
- fun foam
- silk flower
- glue gun
- sharpie marker
Prepare before the meeting:
- Draw the eyes and mouth on the bucket.
- Cut a "donut" shape for a hat brim out of fun foam, which fits onto the bucket. Make the inside hole slightly smaller than the diameter of the top of the bucket, so that it will be a tight fit.
- Cut a triangle nose out of fun foam.
- Cut the ribbons and tie a knot in them.
At the meeting:
- Slide the hat brim onto the bucket, from the bottom up.
- Using the hot glue gun, attach the silk flower.
- Using the hot glue gun, attach the bow tie.
- Using the hot glue gun, attach the triangle nose.
- Using the hot glue gun, attach the raffia "hair".